Photo Contest Results
Photo by Matt Ludin, YPF
Photo by Matt Ludin, YPF
Photo by Matt Ludin, YPF
Photo by Tom Porter, YPF
Enter "Capturing Wonderland," YPF's First Photo Contest
Judged by renowned wilderness photographer, Tom Murphy
Official Contest Rules
The Yellowstone Park Foundation is seeking extraordinary photographs from amateur photographers that highlight the wonders of Yellowstone, America’s first national park, in the following categories:
June 2013 - Wildlife:
Wolves, bison, bears and other abundant wildlife in Yellowstone enchant visitors every year. Your images can show the beauty of these creatures, or a moment when they do something to make you laugh. Just practice wildlife safety and keep your distance.
July 2013 - Thermal Features and Geysers:
Choose from more than 10,000 thermal features and more than 300 geysers as your subject matter. What more can we say? Knock yourself out.
All photos must be taken inside Yellowstone National Park.
- Entries accepted - June 1 to June 30, 2013
- Winners announced on July 15, 2013
- Entries accepted July 1 to July 31, 2013
- Winners announced on August 15, 2013
*Only one entry per person, per month.
* Photos need not be taken during the entry month period. They may be taken any month or year.
How to Submit:
- Submit your photo through our Facebook contest page HERE. (Please note that you do NOT have to have a Facebook page to enter.)
- Only submit photos that you have taken.
- Submit photos in high resolution jpg format. Photo must be 3MB or smaller.
How the Photos are Judged:
- Photos will be judged on originality, artistic composition, technical quality and photographic technique by renowned wilderness photographer,Tom Murphy.
- There will be a first, second and third place winner each month.
Winners will be notified via email and/or phone. If the winner does not respond within 72 hours, YPF reserves the right to select a new winner. The prizes below will be awarded for both the June and July contests. Winners may be asked to provide full resolution files of their images.
- Canon PowerShot S110 Black (Estimated retail value of $399.99)
- Displayed on Old Faithful Haynes Photo Shop’s Welcome Wall for one month.
- Published in the Yellowstone Park Foundation’s eNewsletter (with interview), website, Facebook and Twitter pages.
- Canon PowerShot SX260 HS (Estimated retail value of $299.99)
- Displayed on the Old Faithful Haynes Photo Shop’s Welcome Wall for one month;also posted on Facebook and Twitter pages.
- A set of Tom Murphy Seasons of Yellowstone books with case (retail value of $175.00)
- Displayed on the Old Faithful Haynes Photo Shop’s Welcome Wall for one month.
Who is Eligible to Enter:
- Must be at least 13 years of age or older as of January 1, 2013.
- Amateur photographers with less than 20% of your income is from photography.
- Photographs must be taken by you, and you must have the rights to the photo.
- Employees of the Yellowstone Park Foundation and Yellowstone National Park are not eligible to win prizes. Employees are allowed to upload photos, but must check the box identifying that you are an employee.
What To Do:
- Enjoy your experience and share it with us.
- Tell your friends.
What Not To Do:
- Do not alter or manipulate photos except for cropping, red eye removal and/or adjustment of contrast and brightness.
- Don’t break any Yellowstone National Park laws or rules of federal lands.
- Don’t do anything unsafe.
- Any questions, write to firstname.lastname@example.org.
No donation or obligation of any kind by an entrant is necessary to win. Any donation made by you will not increase your chances of winning.
- General: Ownership and copyright of ALL ENTRIES remain with the photographer. Images that have won previous YPF photo contests are ineligible. Participation in the contest grants YPF unlimited and non-exclusive use for YPF publications, website, products and other uses to promote YPF’s work. By entering the contest you warrant that you have not granted exclusive rights to all or any part of your entry to another person or entity. You also warrant that your entry does not invade the right of privacy of any individual; does not infringe on any trademark, trade name, trade secred, intellectual property right, or other common law or statutory right.
- Limitation of Liability: YPF is not responsible for errors of any kind in any contest-related matters. If, for any reason, the contest is not capable of running as planned, or infection by computer viruses, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, actions of entrants, technical failures, or any other cause corrupts or infects the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the contest, YPF reserves the right to disqualify any entrant and/or to cancel or suspend the contest at their sole discretion.
- Release from Liability: By entering, participants release and hold harmless YPF, its affiliated organizations, and each of their directors, officers, employees, attorneys, agents and representative from any and all liability for any injuries, loss, claim, action, demand or damage of any kind arising from or related to YPF’s photo contest (“Capturing Wonderland”), any prize won, any misuse or malfunction of any prize awarded, participation in any photo contest-related activity, or participation in the contest.